The Sikh Research Institute (SikhRI) connects people with the teachings of Sikhi and strengthens the bonds of the global Sikh community by offering courses and seminars in a variety of mediums, for people of all ages, genders and background.
SikhRI strives to:
- Make Sikh education accessible to anyone.
- People need the option to learn about Sikhi in a no-pressure environment that presents teachings in an unbiased, honest way.
- Help more people to understand the principles of Sikhi.
- Despite being over five hundred years old, Sikhi is progressive and revolves around values that can help people to live a more rewarding lifestyle.
- Present Gurbani the way it is.
- Approaching Sikh teachings without a guide may seem overwhelming. Our team of perpetual learners: writers, professors, and speakers have spent decades delivering this information to a range of audiences.
In short, we exist because we want to educate people about the tremendous impact that Sikhi can have on their lives.
Join us this morning as Harinder Singh, Educator, Thinker, & Activist, shares his 15 year experience and journey with SikhRI. Learn what SikhRI does, why we believe Sikhi based education is important, our values, and how SikhRI can support you and your sangat and how you can support SikhRI.
Please bring any questions you may have.
Harman Kaur | 403-827-9442
About the speaker:
Harinder Singh is a widely respected educator and thinker who is deeply in love with 1Force, the Oneness that radiates in all. Love and Justice symbiotic paradigm propels him to leverage public awareness for social change. He currently serves as the Senior Fellow, Research & Policy, at the Sikh Research Institute. Mr. Singh co-founded the Sikh Research Institute and the Panjab Digital Library, organized the Free Akal Takht movement, and envisioned Kaur and Singh Academy. He served on the boards of the National Conference on Community and Justice, The Fellowship of Activists to Embrace Humanity, The Nanakshahi Trust, among others. He is an author and sought after public speaker, raising consciousness of audience around the world. He regularly appears on radio and television programs globally. He also consults on curriculums, exhibitions, and films. He holds a BS in Aerospace Engineering, MS in Engineering Management, and MPhil in Guru Granth Sahib. He is Guru’s Sikh, Panjab’s lover, and Begampura’s Jedi.
145 Hamptons Gdns NW
Calgary, AB T3A 5X5