SikhRI is recruiting a full-time Research and Content Facilitator in Vancouver, Canada. This role will support SikhRI in delivering content across Canada and especially in the Vancouver, BC area.
RESEARCH AND CONTENT FACILITATOR
The ideal candidate will be a dynamic and strong communicator. S/he will use primary and secondary Sikh texts in addition to widely available web tools to research, develop and disseminate content.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATION
- Experience in academic research;
- Masters or Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Sikh or Gurmat Studies;
- Familiarity with Sikh history, theology, politics and culture;
- Strong writing and editing skills and ability to pay attention to detail;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (more particularly Word, Excel and PowerPoint);
- Preference to candidates with exposure to Braj, Sanskrit and Farsi;
- Panjabi proficiency and comprehension (written and oral);
- Proficient in written English (English speaking is desirable); and
- Ability to work evenings and weekends, when required.
- Conducting, supervising and/or assisting in research and development of publications on theology, Gurbani linguistics and Gurbani in general;
- Conducting, supervising and/or assisting in research and development of articles and reports;
- Responding to theological queries;
- Conducting, supervising and/or assisting in research and development of courses and teaching tools;
- Conducting, supervising and/or assisting in research and development of lectures, presentations, workshops and seminars on linguistics of Guru Granth Sahib and Sikh culture, history and heritage;
- Researching and developing content for SikhRI projects;
- Assisting and organizing training and orientations to SikhRI speakers;
- Lead, coordinate and instruct at Sidak, Sikh Research Institute’s annual leadership development program;
- Organizing and presenting at workshops, seminars and courses (including online courses); and
Formulate, establish and oversee quality standards regarding:
- Organizational standpoint on Sikhism worldwide;
- Gurbani and Gurmat perspective and Sikh traditions; and
- Language and aesthetics.
Competitive salary and standard benefits package provided.
Interested applicants should apply to HR@sikhri.org with a cover letter and resume by July 28, 2017.