SikhRI’s Internship Program allows students pursuing undergraduate or
graduate studies to gain hands-on experience in shaping the educational future
of the Sikh community! Our Internship Program focuses on giving all interns the
opportunity to be involved in projects that they can learn from and enjoy.
The Development Intern will work with the Executive Director to support public
relations and grant writing initiatives.
• Create, update, and publish project and PR material
• Market programs to recruit participants and donors
• Search and prepare grant proposals
Applicant should be a degree-seeking student with a preference for business
or communication majors. A stipend is available. Interested candidates should
send a statement of purpose and resume to: email@example.com.
The Program Intern will work with the Director of Education and Sidak
Coordinator to perform 3 year review of the Sidak Leadership program.
• Study the program genesis, material and instruction effectiveness
• Evaluate processes and purposes from participant and organization angles
• Recommend and implement strategy to establish an accredited program
Applicant should have a bachelor’s degree in education with a preference for
program management. Considerations may be given to unique work history.
A stipend is available. Interested candidates should send a statement of
purpose and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Granthi Project Intern
SikhRI is currently seeking to fill the position of Granthi Project Intern. The
“Granthi: Empowering a Sikh Ambassador” project strives to revive the Sikh
tradition of “Guru’s vazir” (Ambassador of the Guru). This program will provide
Granthis with a forum to express their voices and care giving qualities while
focusing on having a grounded knowledge base. It aims to bring Granthis and
the Sikh community together to engage in dialogue and address community
issues. Internship is for five months starting July 15. Time commitment is for 15
hrs/wk, minimum. Upon successful completion, a stipend and/or class credit
will be rewarded.
• Well-organized, self-motivated and reliable, with excellent attention to detail
• Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Fluency in Gurmukhi script and Panjabi language
• Computer skills, especially in MS Office
• Facilitate the Granthi and Gurduara Management survey
• Conduct follow up and ongoing calls with Granthis and Gurduara
• Assist in all aspects of pre and post event logistics (travel, lodging, etc)
• Cultivate new and innovative ideas for marketing the program
• Plan, organize, coordinate, promote and facilitate all aspects of programs
• Review evaluations and prepare project report with recommendations for
• Assist in preparing and printing of variety of materials
To apply, please send your resume with cover letter to:
Sikh Research Institute, P.O. Box 690504, San Antonio, TX 78249
email@example.com. Call us at 210.757.4555