Gurbani 101 is a survey course that familiarizes students with the structure, languages and themes of the Guru Granth Sahib. The course format encompasses lectures, discussions and activities.
It provides tools and exposure to nomenclature for developing an approach to understanding Guru Granth Sahib.
By the end of this course, students will be expected to
- Recognize the structure, format and layout of Guru Granth Sahib
- Identify different languages of Gurbani
- Learn basic character of Gurmukhi script and its pronunciation
- Understand basic grammar of Gurbani
- Identify major symbolism, cultural and folk elements
- Familiarize with key themes, terms and phrases
- Contextualize the language in its cultural milieu
More information available here: https://sikhri.org/sidak/
Please apply here: https://sikhri.org/sidak/application/
14100 Stave Lake Rd
Mission, BC V2V 0A5